BuildPartner recognizes and understands that customers and website visitors are concerned about the privacy of information. BuildPartner pledges to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
2. Collection of Information
You may be invited to provide to BuildPartner your personal data on BuildPartner website(s) or through other media on a voluntary basis for different purposes at different times. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide BuildPartner with your personal data.
3. Log Files
When you visit BuildPartner website(s), the servers of BuildPartner will only collect data relating to your visits (including but not limited to your IP address, domain name, browser type and access time) but will not collect your personal data.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computers, mobile phones or other devices through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate BuildPartner website(s) or mobile application(s), while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, or to allow us to store and track information about your interests and preferences at BuildPartner website(s) or mobile application(s).
We may also engage third parties to track and analyse non-personally identifiable data from the website(s) or mobile application(s). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of BuildPartner website(s) or mobile application(s) and to analyse usage of the same. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. You can edit your browser settings to disable cookies but to do so you may not be able to utilize certain functionality of the website(s) of BuildPartner.
We may also collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for BuildPartner research purposes. This is unrelated to and separate from your personal data. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
If you interact with BuildPartner on social media platforms (for example if you “Like” BuildPartner Facebook page), BuildPartner can interact with you and send you messages via these platforms. KTSIFL will interact with you in accordance with the social media platform’s rules but we are not responsible for how the platform operators collect and handle your personal data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
5. Kinds of Information Collected
For the different purposes in the course of conducting BuildPartner business, you may be required to provide to BuildPartner your personal data, which may include your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address, contact number, membership number, age, marital status, family status, educational level, occupation, username and password, etc. Details of personal data and information to be collected will be set out in the relevant Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) provided to you upon collection of such data and information.
6. Main Purposes and Uses of Information Collected
- BuildPartner will use your personal data for specific purposes identified in the PICS provided to you when your personal data is collected. In addition, BuildPartner may use your personal data for the following purpose:
- identifying and verifying your identity;
- communicating with you in respect of your use of BuildPartner services, products, mobile application(s) and/
or website(s) (as the case may be);
- daily operation and administration including but not limited to account creation and maintenance;
- monitoring and analysing usage of its services, products, mobile application(s) and/or website(s) (as the case may be) to help the further development and improvement of its services, products, mobile application(s) and/or website(s);
- research and development in relation to customer behaviour;
- information management and database administration;
- detection, investigation and/or prevention of activities that may violate our policies or may be illegal;
- collection or recovery of any debt owed by you to BuildPartner.
7. Accuracy of Information
You may be requested to provide to BuildPartner certain personal data (particularly relating to your contact information) for specific services. If you fail to provide or update accurate information as requested for each specific service, the provision of such services by BuildPartner may be affected.
8. Retention of Information
BuildPartner will retain your personal data for a period no longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which they are or are to be used. If you are a subscriber of BuildPartner services, your personal data will be retained for a reasonable period after termination of your subscription for verification and audit purposes. The above is subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements.
Our registered company number is 11739530 and our registered office is Suite 345, 50 Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8EA. Our VAT number is 319584474.
Many thanks for taking the time to read this!
The BuildPartner Team